Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Bit of the Blues

I woke up this morning with that familiar sense of foreboding. You know, the knot in your stomach that says tomorrow is a workday! My weekends just go way too fast and I still have so much to get done today. I started off feeling that I should have pushed myself a little harder yesterday. Towards evening I had taken a break and watched a movie with my neighbor Jen, then the four of us (Jen, Jon, Jack & I) went to the wings place for dinner.

While waiting for our food I learned to play Rummy...at least I think that's what Jen called it. All I know is that I've never been much for playing cards and I'm just not that good at it. She was patiently trying to teach me the rules, but even Jon laughed when they seemed to shift and change in the middle of the game. Needless to say, I think Jack was better at it than me! Hey, regardless...it's always fun doing anything when Jen is involved.

It took a while for our food to arrive and boy was I hungry. I told them, "For lunch I tried to heat up a leftover Reuben and fries in the oven." I went on to explain that I hadn't used the microwave because I wanted the fries to stay crispy. As the story goes, "I returned...who knows how long later...to find VERY VERY crispy fries, charred black in fact, including the Reuben." So I dumped it right into the trash! No wonder I was starving while we waited for dinner; I hadn't eaten all day.

Our meals finally arrived accompanied by the largest glasses of water I've ever seen. We ate, talked and laughed about all sorts of things. At the end of the evening, Jon would not allow me to contribute to the bill... I said, "Jon you always do that! I'm gonna have to start cooking for you guys!" Ha, ha, ha...they exploded with laughter! FUNNY! Even I got a kick out of that one!

No comments: