Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yeah that's me

Glamorous right? Here I am still in my nightgown, sweatshirt and slipper boots. Feeling a bit under the weather today, couldn't get it together...my whole body aches...and I'll bet I'm a hilarious sight! I thought it was worthy of sharing, to let the world know what it's like for a grieving widow. Yesterday was a rough day. Just when I feel like the worst of this emptiness is over, someone says something insensitive that sets my world a spin. I'm going to begin writing down all the ridiculous things people say to me...especially those at work! My goodness. The only thing I can do is realize they just have no idea...and I hope they never have to experience it first hand.

The one piece of advice I have for anyone who may be helping someone else through this grieving period...is that you need to be positive, you need to be encouraging. The last thing a widow needs is one word of criticism. Every day is a challenge...and you never know when one single negative word...will put a grieving widow over the edge.

Tomorrow is another day; I plan to lean into it...I will start my day in prayer and hope for the best.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Loooove that outfit! Bet you picked that up at Stein-Mart, right?!

SUNSHINE said...

Yes Lisa D-a-h-l-i-n-g! And I really do it justice don't I?
Cis

Jeff said...

Nice socks! Where can I get some? :)

SUNSHINE said...

They are not socks Jeff, they are my slipper boots! The latest, hottest fashion, don't ya know! You can get them at the Design House, Old Lucketts Store, Lucketts, Virgina. Ask for my sister Lisa. For real!! Not kidding! Eat your heart out!
Lucy