Saturday, April 26, 2008

Let Me Tell you About My Neighbors

After blogging this morning, doing some laundry, tidying the kitchen (well a little!), scooping the litter, and vacuuming most of the house, I decided to tackle my yard! First I grabbed the edger/weed whacker; wanted to do that before starting up the "big guns" to mow the grass. While grabbing the Black & Decker gadget out of the garage I noticed a bag of fertilizer in the corner. "Yeah, I better get that done too," I thought, "my grass is looking a little sparse."

Just as I got underway with the edger, my neighbor Jon poked his head out his door and told me he had just put down some weed and feed on my yard. "Wow I said, I was just gonna do that too!" I thanked him, we quickly talked about a few other things...I got some red ant advice etc. before he disappeared as quietly and calmly as he had arrived. I couldn't ask for better neighbors. Jon, Jen and and their son Jack are just like kin. They are the best kind of neighbors a person could have...especially for a widow! I tease my dear Jennifer that her husband now has two wives to look out for. Poor guy, like his life is not busy enough! Clearly though, he doesn't seem to mind, he is just one very kind and generous man. Should I ever decide to leave Georgia and move back home...I will insist that they come along!

No comments: