Thursday, April 24, 2008

Dinner was Great

I had dinner tonight with friends from work: Les, Leon and Alex. Alex invited me after running into me the other night as we left work. I'm sure he could tell I was in a bit of a funk...and how sweet of him to invite me to join them for dinner. We ate at one of my favorite restaurants, The Sun-dried Tomato. It's where my cute little jazz trio plays on Thursday nights and I got to see my friend Toni. She's the singer with the beautiful voice! Toni and I became friends a few months back, because I used to go there by myself and she would talk with me during their breaks. At any rate, it was a fun evening with the guys; we talked about work and laughed at the craziness of it all. We drank way too much wine...which meant my share of the bill, including my meal, was over $80! Good grief, thank goodness it's a payday week! The best part of all was when we left and Leon was, "Oh my Gosh!" drooling over my cute little car as I rolled back the rag top! Yeah, it is a sweet little car! Sure beats the heck out of my old mini van. I got home to be greeted at the door by Jazz Ma Tazz, my dear little kitty cat. He is sitting on my lap as I type this blog. Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! Oh yeah!

No comments: