Thursday, April 24, 2008

Happy Birthday Kenny

Today is Kenny's birthday. He would have been 54 today. I'm trying to turn it into a celebration rather than a mournful day. I grabbed a Starbucks this morning and a blueberry scone. Blueberries were Ken's favorite. As I rolled up Hwy 85 on my way to work, I watched the sun come up and imagined Kenny saying, "Good morning Sunshine, where is that beautiful smile?" Admittedly I shed a few tears this morning. But, I'm thankful knowing that without his first transplant in 1991 Kenny would have died then...at that very young age of 37. In comparison, only living until 53 is not too bad. Yes, we have been blessed. Our three sons are lucky today to be able to celebrate the life of a man they came to know and love, rather than just an image of a man they would barely remember. Ken had such an impact on all three of our sons lives...and mine. We are all very lucky. Happy Birthday Ken! I celebrate you today!

No comments: