Monday, April 28, 2008

Greatful Dead? Nope! A Blog Head instead...

Today is Monday and oh what a morning. It was one of those hectic beginnings of the work-week, with everyone rushing, rushing, around. All of us team managers were having the same kind of day. Too much to do, and too little time... Sorry to say, it was just way over the top for me! By noon I wanted to crawl under my desk and take a little nap. I was exhausted! I'm guessing we all used up this week's Type A quota...we should be able to coast until Friday... Yeah right!

I just got off the phone with my sister Libby. LOL! "Hey, I read your blog," she said, "and now I'm one of those...what is it? The people who follow the Greatful Dead???!!! Oh, yeah a 'Dead Head'...that's it!" She laughed, "I think that makes me a BLOG HEAD because I'm following your blog!" NOW...THAT'S...FUNNY!

And guess what else? Libby is now encouraging the CRAZY CAT WOMAN thing!!! She requested more stories and pictures of NO...not us as those cute little kids, and no, not stories of how I'm handling my grief...but YES...photos of my Jazz Ma Tazz! The bad part is that I can feel it coming on too. I'm afraid the cat-focused obsession is taking over my life...it's becoming more entrenched with every passing day.

So yeah, here is a story that had me falling off the sofa last night. I was talking with a widowed friend of mine. We were deep into a serious conversation, sharing stories about his experience losing his wife Nancy, seven years ago--contrasted to mine losing Kenny. It's good to talk with someone who really knows how it is.

All of a sudden, I had to interrupt him--right in the middle of a sentence--to tell him about my Jazz!! That crazy cat was taking one of those little plastic balls, you know the kind they bat around the room? He was carrying it to the top of the stairs, and dropping it...then scrambling after it as it bounced down the stairs...When he reached the bottom, he would skid across the floor, grab that ball again, carry it back to the top and do that crazy little pet trick over and over and over!! He was having one kitty-cat fit-of-a-frenzy time! Now that is one smart cat! Hey, perhaps I'll see what he can do with a slinky. I'll let you know...

No comments: