Friday, November 7, 2008

A Non Eventful but Pleasant Evening

Martine and I both "hit the wall" tonight. We were both just too pooped to keep on going. Earlier this evening, she and I had hopped onto the metro, road it to Metro Center and from there walked about two blocks to Old Ebbitt's. It was a nice stroll through the bustling streets of Washington. And Old Ebbitts is such a beautiful restaurant; it's filled with large old paintings, lots of stained woodwork...and it has plenty of historical old world charm.

We grabbed a couple of stools in the main pub area...ordered a couple of beers and some hummus with pita bread and veggies. The food hit the spot and so did the beers. But pretty soon...we faded. I had gotten up this morning with a scratchy, sore throat, so as the evening went on...I kept getting more and more horse. In fact, I sound like a truck driver who has smoked WAY too many smokes.

Martine and I high-tailed it back to the metro and arrived back at my apartment by 8PM. She had planned to stay here tonight, but instead headed home. After all, Trevor is on his way up from N.Carolina, so now she will be there to greet him when he arrives. That's probably a good thing, because I'm about ready to turn in. I'll be getting up very early in the morning to get to my metal apprenticeship...and I'll be better off giving this nasty cold a bit of a rest.

No comments: