Thursday, November 20, 2008

What a Day...

I spent the day catching up after being away since Monday at an offsite. I finally headed for home a little after five and when I walked outside it was pitch dark. I dread this time of year because I leave for work in the dark and typically I head home in the dark too!

As I started across the street to the metro...I caught sight of the Capitol. It was all lit up and well...what an awesome sight against the dark night sky. I have promised myself to never take these Washington buildings and monuments for granted ever again. So...I took a few extra minutes to walk across the street and snap a picture. I just happened to have my camera with me!!

On my way home I stopped at Pentagon City to do a little shopping. I have a baby shower this weekend for Kenny's niece Teri...so I needed to pick up a gift. She is pregnant with her second child and knows it is a girl. Teri was the flower girl in Kenny and my wedding so she holds a special place in my heart. And her Uncle Kenny simply adored her. Oh my, where did our little girl go? And how did life fly by so quickly?

I'm so excited for our dear Teri. All she ever wanted since she was just a little girl is to grow up and have children of her own. And for a while there, we were all afraid that dream would just not come true for her.

Well just look at her now. Finally...after waiting so long...she is blessed with the family she has always wanted. A boy AND a girl! How special!!! Her baby girl is going to be named Mary Grace. What an appropriate name. Mary...is Teri's first name and I love the name Grace...especially with all that it signifies. This little girl is destined to be a little princess. Here is Teri with her little guy, Bryce. Now tell me, could there be a more beautiful Mom and Son?

No comments: