Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What a Weekend!!

In spite of getting a chest cold and barking like a truck driver...I was still pretty busy. I did relax on Saturday; spent the entire day in the apartment and was bored to death. Sunday I tried out a new church. Turns out it's the one with that minister you've probably heard on the radio..."Not a serman, just a message!" It was a neat church. And, although I was looking for a large congregation..this one may just be a little TOO big. It was like a small city inside!!! People running this way and that...hurrying around with not a soul to stop and talk...

After church I went to see Kyle, Jess and Chloe and then had dinner at Martine's. And since I had taken Monday off, I spent the night there rather than drive home late. Her little grandson was visiting...and we sure had a blast with him. Little Tristan is 14 months old...and CUTE!! And...the best part? I think he likes me!!! Ha!! Martine and Jeff's son Trevor is home from Iraq. So it was sure good seeing him too and Tristan's Mom and Dad...Taylor and Ashley. Keep looking...I'll post some photos of Martine and Tristan, but I don't have them downloaded yet.

I left Martine's late morning and drove to PA to visit Mom and Dad. Just felt like seeing them. It had been a while. We spent a nice day together. Went to Eagles for lunch, then later for dinner we had Kentucky Fried Chicken. Dad had suggested all kinds of restaurants, but that just hit the spot! So we ate at home and simply relaxed.

Finally I drove home and got back about 8 PM. Jazzy B was sure glad to see me. My poor cat, I could be a better friend to him. Next time...I should TAKE HIM ALONG!!!

Yesterday I had a make up metal class and spent the day working on my horse. The weather was crisp and a bit chilly, but Hugh started up the wood stove, so we could duck into the shop every now and then to get warm. I really made progress on my horse. He is still not finished...but is getting there. I'll be sure glad to bring him home. Maybe Saturday...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm impressed. It'll go get with your cowboy.

SUNSHINE said...

Ha! Thanks Colleen! Did you post photos of India on facebook? I've got to check. Where are you going next? And can I come along!!!????

Anonymous said...

Well, I just got back from the Philippines and now I am just taking little trips within Saudi. In December, Al and I are coming to the US and then going to Costa Rica for our 24th anniverary. This is a vacation not work. Yay