Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today Really IS Kenny's Birthday


Yes, I've finally got it right this time. And I imagine it could be another hard day. But again as I said last week, I will try to make it a celebration rather than a mourning. Ken would insist on that! He was the most positive, upbeat person I have ever known. Regardless of his challenges he could find humor in the moment. That's what everyone will remember Kenny for...it's his legacy. His reputation will also live on as a loving husband, father and Grandfather. What more could anyone want?


Loving husband too, yes that was him! In fact, one of the things I miss most each day is Kenny bringing me my morning cup of coffee. It was a tiny little gesture, but it was his way of saying how much he loved me. Wow! It's the simple things in life...remember to always make note of the simple things!!!

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Happy birthday Dad! We love you Mom and hope you're having a great day!

SUNSHINE said...

Yes, Kyle I'm having a great day! It started a little blue...but turned out to be SUNNY! Travis and Lauren's baby was born today!!! Congrats to them, and especially Uncle Don...and of course Happy Birthday to Dad!
Love you too Kyle!! MOM