Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Surprise!!

I LOVE packages! I got home tonight and I had a message that one had arrived for me today. It was from a friend of mine who lives in Chicago. He sent me a bunch of CD's that he had put together!! How cool is that? I'm sitting here now listening to each and every song...in order. Five CD's in all...I wonder if I can get through them all tonight??

This is such a delight for me because, for one...I LOVE music, all kinds and so does he. So it's a great compilation of artists and songs. Goodness! And the other part is that it is such a nice gift. I know it must have taken him hours to put the discs together and label each one so neatly. How thoughtful!!!

And here's another twist of the day! I am ACTUALLY cooking for myself tonight!!!! That is so rare...I seldom cook anymore. EVER!! It's just hard to get psyched about cooking for only me!

But, I can't explain what came over me this evening...something compelled me to be domestic tonight. Perhaps it was HUNGER! Yeah, that might be it!! I was starving!!! It's also funny because I have so few kitchen accessories and equipment here...that I had to just wrap up my chicken breast in some foil and throw it in the oven. I didn't even have a metal pan to put it in. Thank goodness I'm so-o resourceful!!

Oh and for crying out loud, when I checked on my chicken, the smoke detector started screaming at me. I had to run into the bedroom and grab my little step stool, bring it out...climb up on it...and wave a magazine in front of the little sreaming monster to get it to quiet down. Phew! A little cooking drama at my place!!! Oh my, now I'm completely frazzled!!! LOL! I'm going to go grab my glass of wine...and my little plate of home-cooked food...kick up my feet and relax and enjoy!!! Oh yeah!!!

No comments: