Wednesday, January 7, 2009

No Ice Skating Tonight...SHOOT!!!

It's raining again so it's not a good night to go ice skating. Besides Melissa had to go home today. I don't have a computer here...except for the one I carry back and forth to work each day. And she needed to update her resume so she went back to her parents' house to get that done.

While I was at work this week, she tried for two days to find a library. But each time she went out, she got lost and never did find a place with a computer. So...she called me at work today and said she was heading back to her parent's house in Delaware. Boo Hoo! I miss her already!!

I got home tonight knowing I would step foot into an empty apartment again. Sorry Jazz you don't quite count...I need real conversation. I know you try Jazzy Boy, but it's just not the same.

At any rate, it sure had been nice to have Melissa here for two days to greet me!! The cool thing is that when I got in the door tonight, I found a pleasant surprise. There on the bathroom mirror was a colorful, handmade message...."You are gorgeous girlfriend!" And she left me a very sweet note in the kitchen. One line of it says,
"You deserve an F- - - ing phone call!" Funny, funny, funny!

And I know she is right. After all the interesting experiences I've had in this new dating world, I may just have to start a new blog...something like Dating after 50! I have some funny and ridiculous stories to tell. And I have a feeling it would be a real hit...at least with women who can really relate. At any rate, yes Melissa...I know I deserve a phone call and should not have to wait three weeks...or three days to hear from someone. So...another note to self!!! Check!! Got it!!!

I was under the crazy impression that we had moved beyond the old male dominated rules...you know...girls can't call guys...girls can't make the first move...blah, blah, blah. I thought men these days were bigger and more secure than that.

But, what I've learned already...quite to my surprise...is that it still boils down to the old hunter gatherer syndrome. You know the picture of the caveman dragging the girl by the hair? Yep! That's about it! Women still have to pretend that the men are in charge. It's still about the chase and the conquering. We have to play the game of acting "hard to get."

Oh boy! I can just see it now. I'm gonna have to practice batting my eyes...and being all coquettish...etc. Whether I like it or not...that's just the way it is! And it reminds me of months ago when a guy friend said...it would take a really confident man to date me. At first I didn't get what he meant, but now I do. It basically means men, regardless of what they say, are intimidated by women who are confident, self sufficient and can take care of themselves. That's why the dumb blonde routine works so well!!! In reality, Marilyn was not so dumb. She just knew how to play the game...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're finally getting it my dear! LOL It's all about the game for us and for them...wink...wink! For the oneos that have game that is. LOL

xoxoxo Jennifer

SUNSHINE said...

Yes you are right Jen! And clearly some just have NO "game!" LOL!!! Love you!!!