Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Wow! I'm Getting More Domestic!

OK! I got home tonight and actually fixed dinner for myself! I think that's twice now in one month. A real record! I cooked steak and mashed potatoes. I know, it's hardly a gourmet meal and in fact, I have to confess...I used instant potatoes from a package. But, all things considered it's still a pretty big deal because I rarely cook for myself anymore. So, I'm sure it says something. I'm just not sure exactly what!!!

The best part is that I actually prepared three small steaks, so I'll have one for breakfast in the AM! And...the other will be dinner tomorrow night. Yep!!! How cool is that?

I am probably going to stop after work tomorrow night and pick up a few things from the grocery store. It's Jessica's birthday this weekend and I'm watching Chloe Saturday night! I am so looking forward to having my little pumpkin with me this weekend! Last time she stayed with me, she climbed in bed next to me, held my hand...with her sweet little hand, and said, "I love you Mimi!" Oh, my goodness! I melted! I can't wait to snuggle with this little darling Saturday night.

The weather was crazy here today. But, I made it to work this morning safely!! I did take advantage of the liberal leave policy to get there about an hour later than usual. I shuffled through the street to get to the Metro...carefully maneuvering the ice and slush. The temperature is dropping again tonight so we can expect more of the same mess tomorrow. The only difference is that I have an 8AM meeting, so I've got to get out of here on time. I'll be sure to wear flat shoes and be ever so careful.

No comments: