Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!!

I've been a bit computer deprived while here in Puerto Rico. Finally this evening Priscilla's niece arrived with her laptop and aircard...so I'm temporarily back in business!!

We celebrated New Year's Eve last night by first having dinner together in the condo here at Palmas del Mar. We enjoyed a traditional Puerto Rican meal of pork, risotto with pigeon peas, fried plantains and other stuff that I can't remember how to pronounce. It was delightful!

And...needless to say, I'm still struggling to avoid eating too much. It's very hard to push away food that is so delicious.

Later we got all decked out and went off to the club for the New Year's celebration. Priscilla's sister Gretchen, her niece Gretchen Christina and her mother joined us there. We danced, we laughed and we drank too much champagne. But it sure was fun!!!

This morning, Priscilla and I started our first day of the new year enjoying coffee and toast sitting out back by the pool. And yes...I was wearing my cheetah pajamas!!!

Then we threw on our clothes and went for a long walk. We ended up at the beach and watched the pelicans dive into the ocean. It is beautiful...so beautiful here!!! After a while we headed back and by then it was getting hot.

When we got back to the condo the kids were finally awake and we decided to go to the beach club. Well...not all of us...Gene, Bryan and Daniel went off to play a few rounds of golf. But the rest of us spent the day at the club which is too amazing to even describe!!! Hopefully this photo will give you a glimpse of how beautiful it is.

After several hours in the pool and sun, we grabbed lunch there too! It was more fried food of course!! But...oh so delicious!!!

It was a nearly perfect day to start the New Year. And now...they are all playing Family Feud and trying to convince me to shut down this computer and join the "girls team." I suppose I'll do it!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!

No comments: