Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Melissa Is Here!!! YEAH!!!

I know, I know, I know...I need to update my blog more often!!! But, I've been really busy. Melissa is here! I got home from Puerto Rico Saturday and Melissa arrived at my house on Sunday. In fact she went with me to Kenny's Mom's Sunday and Kyle, Jess and Chloe joined us too and we FINALLY got to exchange our Christmas presents. How fun!

We also ordered Chinese and spent the evening together laughing at my little Chloe. After a few hours Melissa and I packed up Jazzy B and made our way home. Ferne had watched Jazz while I was away for New Years. And he was very anxious to get home.

It's been great having Melissa here this week. She is the daughter of my friend Pat...and well she is so much like me it's crazy!!! I really can't believe it and I also can't believe she is more than twice as young as me. It really doesn't feel like it, but it's true.

We are having so much fun together. We are sitting here now, curled up on my bed...both in our PJ's, watching TV together. And Jazz is watching TV too!!

Tonight we picked up the Sex and the City movie. Can you believe I've never seen it? Melissa swears I will want to watch it at least ten times! She's probably right. I also picked up that book, "He's Just Not That Into You!" I am sure I can use a few lessons from there as well. Honestly dating at this stage in my life really stinks. And you would think that after having spent my entire life in a house full of men...I would understand them by now. Well I don't!! Not in the least!!! So...I still have a lot to learn. Perhaps the book will help!

I am really giving Melissa a taste of the City. We hopped on the metro tonight and after our first stop at the bookstore in Pentagon City, we went to Chevy's and had chicken tortilla soup and margaritas.

I think the waiter had a little crush on Melissa. His name was Vladmir and he is from Bulgaria. We both thought he was from Russia...you know the one you can see from Alaska. As it turns out...neither Melissa nor I knew where in the World Bulgaria is located!! Funny! I told you she's a lot like me!!! OK, we didn't do so well with our Geography...come to think of it...we may have cheated on Math too. But...dag...we both know our ART!!!! Ha, ha, ha!! And we are both hot for fashion too! In fact, yesterday we even bought the same exact jacket!!! Here's a photo of us in our jackets. She's the one with the much bigger bust line!!!

If the weather is not too bad tomorrow, Melissa and I are going ice skating after I get home from work. Hopefully, I won't break anything. Then Friday night we are going dancing at the revolving restaurant in the Doubletree Hotel. Finally!!! I've been wanting to go there for months and have never had a chance. So...Friday it is. They say you can see all of the city of Washington from the restaurant and it's supposedly a real "happening" place. I can't wait!!! Look out here we come!!!

2 comments:

condadelite said...

I'm so disappointed!! You don't remember our "first" date to see the "Sex and the City" movie?! You said you had never seen it before. Well, I wil try to be a more interesting, exciting date next time!! :)

Can't wait to see you! Love, Conda

marisa said...

it seems like you ladies had fun! boy oh boy do i miss melissa! i can't wait to see you sunday, even thought i just saw you two days ago! ha ha!