Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's Beautiful Here!!



What a busy couple of days!! We have seen Old San Juan and El Morro Fortress.

While there we enjoyed an early dinner of Tappas and Sangria on the patio of a street side cafe.

Yesterday we planned to visit Culebras Island, but the boat was full so we went to Vieques instead.

It was very beautiful and we enjoyed the day even though we had to keep ducking under a patio during some frequent showers.

I found some pretty little treasures there while walking on the beach...coral and angel-wing shaped sea shells. Delightful!!

We had quite an adventure on our trip home...the ferry was late...and finally we had to ride home on a cargo boat...with trucks and cars!!! Not really...they were on the back of the cargo boat, and we were inside the hull sitting in nice seats. But regardless, it was quite an adventure...as it was not smooth sailing. We were ten happy people to step foot on dry land again!!

Oh my were we tired and happy to get back to the country home for a glass of wine!!! Or two...

Today we packed up our things and headed to Gretchen's beach house in Palmas Resort. It's a beautiful place that sits on a pond with the golf course on the other side. And...the beautiful blue mountains frame the distance on two sides. Big iguanas walk all over the back yard and white herons walk around the pond. It's breathtaking!!

I am sitting outside on the patio typing this...and the sun is getting low. The view just gets more and more beautiful here. Oh and Priscilla just made us some fresh Pina Colada's and we are drinking them them from pretty pastel goblets. Sweet!!!

There are all sorts of of wild things here in the yard and in the pond..birds, turtles, iguanas, cranes, lizards, etc. Interesting!!! We are only staying here one night and then we can check into a townhouse of our own...just in time to ring in the New Year!!!

The kids just got back from the pool and so the excitement begins!!The jokes, the sly remarks the silliness of it all!! I love it!! So much fun!! These kids are much like my own...I've known them since they were babies. And if I can't be with my own boys for the holidays...well these guys are a close second. How lucky to be here with Gene and Priscilla and their family!!!

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve and we will get all "dolled up" and join in the celebration at the resort club house. Before we go, we will all have dinner together and Priscilla's mother, her sister Gretchen and family will join us. They have planned a typical Puerto Rican feast...pork, pigeon peas, and all kinds of fried stuff that I can not pronounce. I can hardly wait!!! I'm sure I will return a few pounds heavier, but no matter...no one will see these fat rolls anyway!!! Ha!!! I may as well enjoy myself!!!

4 comments:

High Power Rocketry said...

: )

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy & Priscilla (& Family) -

glad you are enjoying the sunshine & beauty of Puerto Rico! Hope to catch up with you soon. Happy New Year!

Love, Monica

SUNSHINE said...

Hi my dear Monica, I got your voicemail last night and I'll try to call you today. We are sitting on the porch this morning watching the sun come up!! Love you and miss you. See you in the New Year!!
xoxoxoxox, Lucy

SUNSHINE said...

And here is a smile back at you R2K, who ever you are!!! (;