Sunday, December 14, 2008

The National Christmas Tree

I can't believe I've lived in Metropolitan Washington all these years and it's the first time I've walked around the National Christmas Tree! Amazing! I met a friend for dinner last night at Pentagon City and he suggested we go see it. You know me...I love spontaneity, so of course I said, "Let's go!!"

Although it was a little cold to be walking out there since I was wearing only a light weight jacket, I decided to shiver my way along, and I am glad that I did!!!

The tree was spectacular! It was all lit up with white lights...and oh what a setting! We had a view of the Washington Monument to one side and the White House to the other. It was simply splendid to say the least.



Then we walked a few more blocks to Old Ebbitt's Grill for a drink and finally we headed to the warmth of our homes. It was a a fun and memorable evening!! And it's one I'll remember for days to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a very beautiful photograph.