Monday, December 1, 2008

Now Dasher...

Like one of Santa's reindeer...I'm getting ready to dash off to work. Gonna run to catch the metro in just a minute. It was a good weekend.

Went with Carla and the gang to a hockey game in Richmond.
Her son Russell was playing. That pretty much sums up how much I love Carla...everyone knows I'm not into hockey!!!

But it was a fun road trip...we drove down and back in one evening. Carla, her Papa, sister Mimi, daughter Missy and friend Meridith, and I all piled into their big old Suburban.

The girls even brought pillows and blankets so some of us caught a little nap in the car.

Once we got there we had cocktails by the fire at the local hotel until the rink opened. That warmed us up for the game. It was a nice rink and the game was exciting. Perhaps a little too exciting...yes there were a few fights here and there.

After the game we got to see Russell for a little while before the team got on the bus. Then after a round of hugs for the boy...we left for home. We got back to Carla's about 1AM so I stayed there rather than drive home so late.

The next morning was breakfast...m-m-m-m, at Carla's it's always a treat!!! Ham and eggs! Then I packed up the car (AGAIN!) and came home to Jazzy B. I spent the day just hanging out.

Can't quite get into the holiday spirit for some reason... I guess that's understandable...I'm just not feeling it. And I don't even like hearing Christmas music this year. I wish it would all just go away. Stay positive, stay positive, stay positive. Yeah right!!! Bah humbug!!!

2 comments:

condadelite said...

Lucy, Allen and I can help you with acquiring a love for hockey: we are fanatics!! Also, I have a big case of the "Bah Humbugs" this season. By now, I have my Christmas in the mail or ready to mail usually. Just can't get into it or with it, yet. Hang in there. Wish you were here!! Love, Conda

SUNSHINE said...

Hi Conda, I'm glad to know it's not just me! I keep telling myself...snap out of it...you have so much to be thankful for. But, honestly I really miss Kenny, especially at Christmas. He was such a huge help to me this time of year...and it's just not the same without having him to talk to about the holidays. Can't help it. I'm starting to understand why people have said it took years for them to get over it. I really get it now. Love you too!!! Miss you!!