Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back in Baltimore Again!

Here I am back at Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I'm in the same hotel as before. And...I've got another amazing view of the ships on the harbor, from right here in my room. And...I'm looking out right now, on the Domino Sugar sign...all lit up in red. What an amazing view!

I got here later than planned. I was scheduled to help with this meeting today, but my assistance was pre-empted by bigger priorities back at the office. One has always got to have a Plan B!! So after a very busy and hectic day today...I hit the road after work and got here about 6PM, just in time to check in to my room, put away my things, and meet my colleagues downstairs to join them for dinner. We all loaded into a little shuttle that took us to the Rusty Scupper. It's a pretty popular place here in Baltimore if you are looking for seafood. And it's right on the water with a spectacular 360 degree view. We had a group of about 30 people and I even met some new folks I hadn't known before.

Then our consultant and I headed back to the hotel early, to prepare for our day tomorrow. He had to catch me up on what I had missed today, since we will be co-facilitating the meeting tomorrow. I would be lying to say that I'm not nervous!

We sat in the hotel bar staring at his computer while all our colleagues walked by on their way to the "party room." I had planned to join them when we finished...but low and behold, by the time we were done preparing...the party was over. Oh well! All, in all, I'm guessing the day will go "swimmingly well tomorrow!" Or at least that's what I'm praying for!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy,

How long will you be in Baltimore?

Wendy

SUNSHINE said...

Shoot Wendy! I was only there one day. And I didn't see your message until this evening, otherwise I could have met you after work. Too bad I didn't think of it! Hope you had a good day!! We will have to all get together soon.

Anonymous said...

No worries. I'm sure there will be a next time.

Take care