Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

The wedding WEEKEND was awesome!! And...it was a blast!! There is nothing better than a big old party...and indeed it WAS!!! The celebration got kicked off Friday night at Gene and Priscilla's. They had a barbecue for all the kids. It was kind of a pre-bachelor and bachelorette party. Later they all hit the local Irish Pub...that's a story in itself. I'll save that one for another day...

I picked up Dan and Ara from National Airport. By the time we got to the Rowland's the party was in full swing. Ed and Pat had arrived from Delaware with Zach and Melissa. We hadn't seen Zachary for about five years so it sure was good to see him again! He was here all the way from Nebraska.

And the VERY BEST part? I had all three of my boys together again!! Wow!! I love them!!



And Melissa...well she's our Tampa girl. And what can I say about Melissa? She is a r-e-a-l character...and she's a blast!! The laughing started the minute we walkded in the door. Thankfully Ara is not a shy girl...because she walked right in...and she fit right in...right away!!!

She and Melissa are now best buds. They have shopping in common!! HA!!! And Ara is a sweetheart. I am so happy for Dan. They compliment each other nicely.

I finally met Jessica's friend Kim. She lives in Maine, and she and Jess have been friends since high school. Kim said that she and her Mom knew Kyle was a "keeper" from the first moment they met him. And she also said she has never seen Jessica more happy. I agree. She was beaming and having so much fun. Here is a cute photo of our Jessica...by the end of the evening her party veil had turned into a tail!!! That's OUR JESSICA!!! LOL!

Saturday was a whirlwind day. I went to my apprenticeship in the morning. Stopped off and made some more last minute flower orders. Then Priscilla and I went for a manicure and pedicure. That's about the only time I had to relax. That evening, the boys stayed here...and I headed back to Virginia to take care of my Jazzy Boy and get ready for the BIG day.

Sunday morning I tidied up the apartment, got myself ready...made several trips to the car with my gown, Randy's tux, my bags and gifts etc. Then I headed back to Gene and Priscillas to pick up Randy, then on to the Castle...

No comments: