Friday, October 3, 2008

I Am So Happy...

Randy and I left National Airport last night at six...made our way through Old Town...and across the jammed up Woodrow Wilson bridge, then sped our way to Baltimore. Once we got away from downtown...we moved along pretty smoothly and the trip went fine. We talked the entire way there.

Boy it's good to see Randy again. We realized it has been eight months since we've been together. We have never been apart that long. It sure is good to hug my boy!!

The practice went well. It was dark by the time we got there so it was a little hard to see. We practiced out on the patio where the ceremony will be. Jessica's friend Wendy has twin boys who will be the ring bearers...they are identical! And cute! And of course Chloe is the flower girl. Boy did they look adroable! This will be a very special, memorable wedding.

.I'll tell you...my Jessica is the most calm bride I have ever seen. She has done all her research...she knew exactly how and where everyone will stand etc. She has put so much thought into this wedding. At one point I said, "Jess remember to bring your marriage license that day." And she smiled back at me and said, "Mom, it's already in my binder...do you want to see it?" We all laughed!! "No Jessica, I should have known...you've got it all going on! You are amazing," I replied

I got to see Graeme's new baby and Grammy was there to hold him while we went outside to practice. She...of course...was in her glory and while Jack had been a little bit squirmy at first...he settled right down when Grammy went into that old familiar...baby rock prance!

We all went to the little mountain inn afterwards for a bite to eat. At dinner I gave the kids one of my gifts. It's a photo of Jess when she was a baby with her Mom Pam. Jessica lost her Mom about five years ago, so I know she is missing her more than ever as she plans to marry. The photo was from an old tattered snapshot and I had scanned it years ago. I fixed it up last week using photo shop, then had it enlarged. It's a darling photo and Jessica loved it.

The other photo was Kyle with me when he was taking his first steps. Colleen had snapped it just at the right moment and it's a picture I've always cherished. I scanned that one too and had a print made for them. Jessica will add both pictures to the "memory table" of photos at the wedding..

I also gave Jessica the beaded bag I carried for my wedding and a hand-tatted hankie that was made by Kenny's grandmother Kruse. And Grammy added the "something borrowed" by giving Jess her first engagement ring to wear. She was very touched.

After dinner everyone headed home. Mom and Dad, went back to Pennsylvania, Randy and I to Virginia and the rest to their homes as well. Randy said the folks in Ft. Wayne would be amazed that we drove an hour and a half to the practice last night. Routinely driving those kind of distances is unheard of in the mid-west. But of course, it's what we do here without a blink.

Tonight is a barbecue for the kids...a pre bachlorette and bachelor's party. That's my Priscilla; it was all her idea. I think really she is hoping the bride and groom will skip going out...and instead will just hang out there. And frankly so do I. I cringe at the thought of them all being out and about partying etc...and drivng. Oh me...oh my!!

Randy has finally rustle awake and is headed for the shower. He and I have a few last minute odds and ends to do today. And then we will head over to Priscilla's. Dan and Ara arrive tonight. Randy and I will pick them up at BWI. Yippee!! It's going to be a busy and fun weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sure was one party! ahhh, wow. lots of sugar, and dancing, it was definitely one of the best family parties ever!

I love you aunt cissy! it was so fun to see you and randy and kyle and DANNY! Ara seems really nice. I loved Melissa, ahaha, she and sadie were dancing like crazy, and Jess was so pretty!

I've never, ever, in my life seen Danny dance like that!

SUNSHINE said...

I LOVE YOU TOO Lauren!! I'm glad you had fun. So did I; it was a a blast!! The best! We should have fun like that more often!!!

And yes, my guys are some dancers!! Did you catch Randy too? He was hysterical!! Hope we got it on video.
See you soon!
Love you,
Aunt Cissy