Thursday, October 16, 2008

Early Birds

Karen and I got up early this AM... at 4:30!! She is catching the metro to Union Station, then the train to BWI for an early flight home. Boy it's been great having her here!! Darn...it will be back to solitude today...

Last night Kyle and Jessica picked up our darling Chloe. You should have seen them! They were all so excited to see each other...and well, I'm really going to miss my little girl. Lisa and Noyan took care of Chloe Tuesday and Wednesday this week so I could go to work. When Noyan dropped her off last night...he raved about what a good little one she is. And...boy she really is. She even went to a school meeting with Lisa and did not make a peep. The teachers all wanted to keep her. That's my girl!! Kyle and Jessica have done such a great job raising her. I'm soo proud of them.

I'm guessing it will be a long day for me today. Karen will be leaving in a few minutes...at FIVE, and I will go ahead and start getting ready for work. I may even arrive there a little earlier this morning. So, I'm sure by mid afternoon my behind will be dragging!!! But, it sure has been a fun several weeks, first the wedding, then Karen's visit. The only down time of course was Nanny's funeral on Tuesday. And even that was a nice chance to see some dear old friends from years ago and revel again in the delight of Graeme and Cory's little babies, Jack and Eligh.

So of course, I am looking upon this day with mixed emotions. It will be sad seeing Karen go...yet it will be kind of nice to get back to my old familiar routine. And I've sure got some catching up to do around here. So it will be fine.

Of course yesterday...anticipating my return to solitude...I found myself searching the many, many faces as I hurried through the metro. Who are all these people? What's their story? And isn't there someone else out there who is lonely like me?

No comments: