Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Fun Weekend!

Yesterday I picked up my friend Karen from BWI. She flew in for Nanny's memorial mass.

No Marti...she is not here for the boat show!!! You nut!!

On our way from the airport we stopped in Annapolis. I knew Karen had not been home for a while...and Annapolis...well it's so beautiful!!! We had breakfast at Boat Yard Grill in Eastport. Then we walked through some shops. One was a photography studio with some very beautiful shots of the Annapolis area and the Eastern Shore.

We called Marti's oldest son Dylan...and went by their house. They live there in Eastport. What a beautiful place and we walked with them down to the water. There's a park at the end of their street with a magnificent view of the Bay and the Bay Bridge. The skyline was filled with sails. What a beautiful day.


Chloe spent time on the swings...and so did I. Wow, I was just like a little kid again!! It was fun! Chloe enjoyed tossing the ball into the bay for Bayou and Kona...Dylan and Elise's two dogs. They got their exercise and loved the water.

Karen, Chloe and I got back to the apartment by evening. We had stopped for dinner at a Lebonease Restaurant. When we finally got back to the appartment I gave little Chloe a bubble bath and we finally tucked ourselves in for the night. What a fun day and weekend!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Lucy -

My new favorite picture is of you on that swing - looking as happy as ever. It's a great metaphor for your life right now - swinging thru each day - ups & downs - sunshine & fresh air, but mostly happiness these days...Surrounded by a growing & loving family & tons of people who love YOU! Hope to see you soon! love, monica

SUNSHINE said...

Thank you Monica! Now that the wedding is over, let's find some time to get together. I MISS you!!
Love you bunches!!! Lucy