Monday, October 13, 2008

More Walking Today!

Karen, Chloe and I went into DC today and walked all over the mall. First stop, the lawn of the Washington Monument. Then we stopped at the World War II Memorial, the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial, the Lincoln, and the Korean War Memorial.



Final stop...the refreshment stand for a popsicle for Chloe and an Italian Ice for Karen and me. We sat there in the shade on a park bench and just took our time, taking in the day, the people walking by and the splendor of it all. The weather was beautiful...the sky was blue and it was filled with wispy, downy clouds. It was a nearly perfect day in Washington!!

After much coaxing of my dear Chloe, we finally made our way back to the car...with the help of a piggy-back ride from her Mimi (me)! I sure got my exercise the past few days!!! Wow! I'm feeling old!!!

Tomorrow I'm back to work again, so Lisa stopped by to pick up Chloe for me. She and Lauren and Marisa will have "Chloe duty" for the next couple days. Chloe bounced right off to climb into their car. She was VERY excited about staying with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Noyan. I'm sure the girls will be a fascination for Chloe the next several days.

Karen and I loved our time with Chloe...but I have to admit we did enjoy this evening's peace and quiet. We walked down the street and had a nice dinner at the local Thai restaurant...and now we are home watching anything but kid's shows on T.V.

Not too surprising that Kyle and Jessica are really enjoying their honeymoon and the rare adult time this week.

No comments: