Tuesday, August 12, 2008

America's Cup

I just had to post these photos I got today from my friend Bill. He knows the father of a guy who races one of these boats in the America's Cup.

To make a long story short, I may get to go out on it this fall when they bring the boat to Annapolis.

I know nothing about sailing and have only been on a sailboat once before...but I feel like this is a chance of a lifetime. Just to be on a boat that has sailed in the America's Cup race. I'm guessing it's going to be another of those amazing experiences for me. So I can't wait!


On another note, tonight I ran into a guy at the local pub. I had gone there to get some dinner. And he and I sat and talked about so many things. Just life in general. He is a fitness nut and he was giving me some pointers.

After his evening of coaching, I actually feel motivated to FINALLY start working out. He insists that it's all about resistance exercises, just using your body...no equipment necessary. And this guy really cracked me up because he had these little sayings that just popped out of his mouth. They kept me laughing. So I wrote them down on a napkin because I didn't want to forget them. Here are a few:

Treat Yourself, Don't Cheat Yourself; Live by the Cross, You'll be the Boss; Eating Green, You'll Be so Lean; Live From the Vine and You'll Be Just Fine; The More You Smile, the Less You've Got to Dial.

In case that last one has you confused, it did me too. So I asked him to explain. And he said, in other words if you keep smiling you won't have to call the doctor as often. Now...how about that? Pretty simple, but I'm guessing it's true!

At any rate, Casey gave me some great pointers and I'm going to give them a try and who knows...perhaps by Kyle's wedding I will have dropped the twenty pounds I would love to lose. And even better, perhaps I will be just a little bit healthier. We will see...

No comments: