Saturday, August 30, 2008

Mr. Lasso Lucky!!

My cowboy finally made it home today. I got him all welded together. And my welds were pretty good for a beginner.


I even used the welding helmet today; finally got the hang of snapping my neck so the shield would fall down over my face just before pullin' the trigger on the welding stinger. It takes a while to get the coordination down...but by golley...I think I've got it!


Hugh said you are either become a good welder or a good grinder! I have to admit, I had to use the grinder a bit today. A couple welds were just too blobby. So I cheated a little...and fixed them up. He told me he's gotten really good with the grinder over the years. So at least I don't feel too shabby!


Mr. Lasso Lucky-Click on the triangle to see him in motion!


Before leaving today I went inside to show Barbara my sculpture and she really liked him. I said to Hugh, "I'm not sure he's going to fit in so well with my home decor." And he laughed and said, "You mean you don't have Early Cowboy?" Ha! I said, "Well...I do now!" And sure enough, Mr. Cowboy is prominently displayed on my kitchen counter. He looks pretty cute. He's got lots of attitude.

On my way home I stopped at Monica's to show her my sculpture and we talked for a while. She said I had to name him...so together we came up with Mr. Lasso Lucky. After all...he is throwing a lasso and he's made of horseshoes. So, I'm sure hoping Mr. Lucky brings me some real good luck!! Yee Ha!!

Here is a funny video from last Saturday. I tried to teach Hugh how to use my camera but he kept goofing it up. He would think the camera was off when it was still on and then he thought he was turning it on...when he was actually turning it off. Nonetheless it's a pretty good capture of he and I conversing together. And I think it's priceless!

Click on the triangle to play it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Is it your own design? They would sell big time in the Pheonix area. Great Job

Anonymous said...

What a hoot!! Maybe you can give Hugh lessons on digital photography. What a pair you 2 must be. I love Mr. Lasso Lucky!

monica

SUNSHINE said...

I have to admit, he is NOT my own design. The next one I will design myself. So, I've got to start thinking Saturday will come very soon and I'm really looking forward now to doing something original. And...I'm stumped. I keep thinking I want to do Jazz. Hugh thinks that would be hard, but he doesn't know my determination. I may just have to give it a try!

And yes, Monica. I plan to give him a few more camera lessons! I really want one of me actually welding!! Lucy

Anonymous said...

I think the "Jazz" idea would be wonderful especially since he is such a big part of your life(and now ours). Maybe some old wire brushes for his fur or give him a purpose and make him into a wine bottle holder or something. It's great that you are able to explore these new hobbies now and not have to wait until you are retired and going to the "Senior Center" for crafts. LOL
I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! I'm sure it will be fan"cats"ic !!

SUNSHINE said...

Hey great idea about the wire brushes!! I think I will sit this week and draw up a design.
Fan Cats ic!!!
Lucy