Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dinner at Charlie Chiang's

I walked down Crystal Drive tonight; felt like a good steak. Somehow I ended up at Charlie Chiang's instead...and that's hardly western food, but it was good just the same. I sat there with my cell phone, my book and my glass of wine. A friend texted me throughout my meal...so I suppose I wasn't entirely alone. Thank goodness for text messaging. My newest companion!

I stayed late at work again tonight. The intensity of work is heating up this week. I only hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head this weekend with my high school reunion. I plan on being there Friday night, Saturday night AND Sunday...and any extra moments in between. Keep your fingers crossed!

Jazz was happy to see me when I got home. He has been talking to me like crazy. Too bad I don't know what he is saying. I'm sure it would make for good conversation.

Not sure I'll make it to my metal class Saturday. I'm thinking of calling Hugh to say I want to skip this time. I wouldn't want to miss out on any of the reunion fun. As I recall, last time people got together for breakfast and stuff like that. Besides I'm staying at Carla's and she is about the best chef I know. I'm pretty sure she will be whipping up something fabulous in the morning. I'm just not convinced I want to miss all that!

By the way, speaking of Carla's...here are the family of raccoons they feed on their back deck. How about that?

Well it's already nearly nine and I think I'll start getting ready for bed. Boy my evenings go fast when I stay late at the office. I know that's one thing I've got to change...


No comments: