Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Cowboy Yet...

Darn! I didn't get to bring home my cowboy yesterday. I practiced more spot welding and it went a lot better than last week. Then I finally started to weld together my cowboy, but I didn't get him finished. In fact I made a mistake. I welded his spine to his legs, then realized I had cut the piece a little short. We had to cut it off and next week I'll start over. I re cut a new spine. This time it's a little longer and I'll attach it at a slightly different angle.

After my apprenticeship, I met Libby at the shopping center. We went to the Amish Market and picked up a few things, then we headed to my house. She had brought with her an assortment of FOOD! Unlike me, Libby loves to cook! Yeah! So when we got here late in the afternoon we had tomatoes with mozzarella and fresh basil. Y-u-m-m-m...and a glass of wine. For a while we just sat around and enjoyed the serenity of my quiet apartment. Libby loves it here and says if I were her, she would never leave. It's all I need. I tend to agree!

After lunch we unloaded her car. She brought me two square wicker trunks and a piece of glass to put on top of them. Now I have a coffee table for in front of my little futon sofa. She also brought me a tea cart for my TV set. I finally figured out that I have standard cable in my apartment so I hooked that up the other night and now I can get a few channels. Not that I watch it much, in fact, I keep it in my bedroom and rarely turn it on. But now should I ever decide to watch it in my living room, I will simply be able to roll it out here on that cart.

Noyan and my nephew Kevin stopped by to pick up Libby's condo key. Lisa, Noyan and the girls are headed to Myrtle Beach today for a week's vacation. Wish I was going too.

Kevin and I are practically neighbors now. He started art school and is living in a apartment a few metro stops away. I got his number and will try to take him to dinner one evening next week. He just started school and is still feeling a little out of sorts about it all.

Last night Libby and I drove into Old Town Alexandria. We walked around the shops and stopped at a little Irish place for dinner. We sat at a street side table, right where all the guys park their Harleys. One guy showed up with a particularly beautiful bike and all the other guys were drooling over it. In fact, they stood out there right next to that bike for an hour...literally. It is rather comical the things that make men happy. No food, no drink, no women...just that big hunk of a machine! That's it! Funny!

After dinner we walked around a little more and then came home. By then it was midnight and we were plum tuckered out. We made up Libby's bed and said goodnight. It was a perfect day!

No comments: