Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Live in the Moment


This is probably the most days I've gone without blogging, but I've been extremely busy this week. Libby left on Tuesday after I had gone to work. I sure hated to see her go. She is simply an amazing person! When I got home from work Tuesday evening, she had cleaned the entire apartment before she left...even the litter box! And she had folded my laundry, tidied up everything and stocked my fridge with food. She is obviously worried that I never cook for myself. But...I just don't see the point without having someone to share it with.

Libby and I spent the entire three days just talking, walking, and laughing. Oh...and beautifying too. She gave me a haircut and color. I sat out there on my balcony Monday evening with my hair all up in papers and goop. HA! Hopefully I'm high enough up here on the sixth floor that no one could see me...but frankly...honestly...I couldn't give a darn! Anyway, how about that...having my own personal hair stylist?!? And it was all her idea!!

We spent both Saturday and Sunday buzzing through the shops in Old Town Alexandria. It's such a beautiful old city. We both love it there! Sunday we ate in the alleyway garden of a little Greek restaurant. It was amazing!! We had gazpacho soup, stuffed grape leaves, spanikopita and sour dough bread that we dipped in olive oil and basil...with wine of course. We were surrounded in the garden on three sides by old antique brick walls, and we sat underneath a pergola that was twisted with wisteria. Although it wasn't in bloom, I simply enjoyed seeing how it vined itself around and around the columns. It was a graceful, elegant canopy of green.

I really miss having Libby here. Now it's just me and Jazz again...

Tonight after work I drove straight to Kyle and Jessica's. I had parked my car this morning in the garage across from work. Normally I metro to work, but I wanted to be able to make a quick escape right after work today, so I drove in instead.

I met them at their apartment and we went to see where they will be married in October. It's an old stone castle in Baltimore that had actually been built in 1930 as someones home. It's actually a Tudor Style house...but looks like an old castle. It's sits up on top of a hill off Falls Road and it's surrounded by acres of woods. Wow! It has a slate roof, hexagonal glass windows, a beautiful garden courtyard and a spiral staircase. My, my. I love it!

Jessica walked around showing me room after room and she was beaming. She is so happy with the place. It reminded me a bit of Cinderella because Jessica has had some challenging moments in her life. But she is an amazing person and she is hardworking and determined and smart and kind. She's a great Mom too! I can't think of a better match for my Kyle. I can just see her on their wedding day. She will be the princess in that castle. And Kyle will be her adoring prince. Well and let's see, I suppose Jessica's little Chloe will be our princess in training. Here is a cute, cute photo I just took of Kyle and as Libby calls her..."Chloe-bean!" God I love my little pumpkin!

I left their place about nine to head back home to Virginia. And I was listening to that Delilah radio show. I know...there I go...being sappy again. Someone called in and was feeling a little down. She was a single Mom and said she finds herself wondering whether she will spend the rest of her life alone. It's a familiar feeling... Delilah asked her why she was worrying about the future when it's not even here yet. Then she said, "Live in the moment and stop worrying about tomorrow." And...well...I suppose that's pretty good advice.

After she had played the woman a beautiful song, she came back on the radio and said...something like, "I hope you are surrounded by positive people, the kind who can make you feel good, the kind who cheer you on and make you happy."

It was a very cool way to end my evening. I'm going to continue to stay positive...focus on the positive. Live in the moment. Not borrow trouble...or worry about tomorrow. And...continue to surround myself with loving, happy people. That's my promise to myself! No worries...none.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

I am glad you and Libby had such a good visit. Old Town Alexandria is rich with cool stuff to do. I really like it there.

Bill

Anonymous said...

Dear Lucy,

Jess and Kyle's wedding should be beautiful at the Castle. Keep focused on the happy event.

Colleen