Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bouncing Back

My dress is at the tailor. I walked over this evening and the lady pinned it up to hem it for me. It will be ready next Wednesday and it will be good to have that done and ready to go for Kyle and Jessica's wedding. Right now it fits like a glove, but I still think I could stand to lose a few pounds and it will still be OK. And...I'm sure I will feel a bit better being a little bit slimmer.

Next stop was Radio Shack to pick up an antenna for my T.V. They also had digital cameras on sale, so I picked up one of those as well. A birthday gift for myself. I got the Olympus. There were three on sale and I had to decide which one to buy. They each had varying features and varying prices. It was a tough decision and I even called Dan for advice. He said he prefers the Sony's, but the Sony they had on sale did not have as many mega pixels as the Olympus and the telephoto lens wasn't as strong. He said the guys at work recommend Olympus, so that's the one I got. The only draw back is that it's not quite as slim as the Sony. But the plus is that it takes double A's rather than those new square batteries. And I can tell you that I've experienced many times that my rechargeables went dead and I've had to scramble to rustle up other batteries, even pulling them out of remote controls. So, I decided a camera that depends on double A's is still a plus because it gives me flexibility when my batteries lose their charge. The square ones are not readily available in most households. Hopefully, I've made the right decision.

At any rate, my new camera is much smaller than my old one, it has more megs and the zoom is better...and it takes movies too. I want to be able to post movies on my blog. So...now I've just got to spend some time reading the manual and learning now how to use it. And...then I should be all set!! By this weekend, I hope to have some fabulous photos posted here!

Before heading home, I stopped and grabbed something to eat. And I met a woman who works at DIA. She used to live here and now has moved to Springfield, but she was telling me about all the local hang outs in town. And, I promised to help her with her resume. She is looking for another job. She also told me she has been single for 15 years...and as she did, her eyes welled up with tears. It's hard to believe, because she is smart, and successful, and beautiful and outgoing. It's pretty sad. That's a long time to be without a partner and it makes me wonder if I will now experience the same.

Last stop was the store to pick up some odds and ends. Casey the exercise guy, recommended that I start my morning with a glass of Ensure mixed with orange juice. He said it has all the vitamins I need and it's a good source of protein to start my day and jump start my metabolism. He said, "Just mix it up and knock it down!' So, I got a few of those to put in my fridge. Tomorrow I will start a new regiment. He also told me to cut back on my coffee. I know, it's common sense, but it's good to hear someone remind me. So, I plan to try that as well.

I also picked up those little lunch things of tuna and crackers. It will save me spending unnecessary money at work. And, I got a few other things as well. You should have seen me slogging across the street with my arms full of bags. I was sure glad to get to the apartment.

When I got home I hooked up my new antenna and actually can get a few channels now on my T.V. Granted, it's a bit snowy but, Oh Well...I'm not worried about it much. Just need to be able to flip a few channels and get in touch with the outside world once in a blue moon.

No comments: