Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Little Stir Crazy!


Good Morning Jazzy B! Double click the arrow for a movie of Jazz!

This morning I slept in...well as long as I possibly could...Jazz insists on waking me most days. He is cruising for a bruising. It's a good thing I love him as I do otherwise he would be OUT of here!

Today I caught up on laundry, went through tons of junk mail, paid some bills, threw the trash down the garbage chute. All the usual tidying! But finally by afternoon I was going just a little stir crazy here, so I had to get out into the sunlight. I jumped in the shower, threw on my clothes and tennis shoes and hit the road. I didn't have any destination in mind, just set out walking. First I stopped at the park next door and took in the beautiful waterfall.


Then I started walking the Mt. Vernon Trail towards Old Town. I had to dodge the bikers.
Some of them even glared at me. How dare I walk on "their" bike trail? Crazy bike fanatics! Gracious! Shouldn't we all be entitled to share the trail and enjoy the sunny day? Only in America do people have a territorial entitlement to land!!

I walked for quite a distance...as far as DCA.
That's geek speak for National Airport. Then I decided I was hungry and it was time for a break. So I made my way over to the terminal...taking my life in my hands to avoid all the rushing cars. I finally got over to the airport and cruised through the cute, but pricey little shops. I ended up at Legal Seafood and ordered a chicken Caesar salad and topped it off with a glass of champagne. Extravagant...I know! But, you only go around once...so I figured I should treat myself!

I sat there and watched my first Olympics event...the 10K meter race. Amazing...I can't imagine how those guys do so many laps at that fast pace. Next was beach volleyball...those girls playing games in their bikinis. Now who picked out those uniforms? I'll bet it was a committee of men! I can see why that event is so popular.


I finished my meal with a nice cup of coffee and some ice cream drizzled with chocolate. It's how I rewarded myself for the hour long walk I had taken in the hot sun.

Last stop was the bookstore. I picked up "Team of Rivals." The guy I'm working for told me about it. He said it's a great book about Abraham Lincoln and it shows how good he was at persuasion because he had a team of people working for him...all with different agendas and he managed to bring them all together to do great things. It's a big book in small print. Who knows when I'll have a chance to read it because, in my typical fashion, I'm still juggling several other books at the same time. But I picked it up anyway because I mostly love biographies and I'm guessing as soon as I start it I'll be hooked.

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig! I hopped on the metro for the return to my apartment. It was only one stop and sure beat another hour long walk. I was anxious to get back home. I may head down to the lobby at 7PM to catch the swimming event. They have a big screen TV and the community room is always empty so I would have it all to myself. It all depends, I will see how much more I get done around here first.

This week is the big management summit at work. And it's like a huge class reunion. There will be in excess of 2300 managers there from all over the country and I am so excited to get to see so many friends. Even just getting caught up with my buds in the regional office and my counterparts across the country will be a plus. It should be a busy, fun and exhausting week. But I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

Double click the arrow for another video...this one is the metro at National.

No comments: