Monday, August 11, 2008

Ho-hum!

I know there's just no way to explain it, but today was a rather ho-hum day. I'm home from work finally. Didn't get home until 6PM. I stopped on my way through the mall and picked up some half-priced carryout at the little buffet restaurant. The guys at work clued me in that they reduce the price after 5PM. Those guys know all the cheap places to eat. My dinner tonight cost me all of three dollars, and it even included some rice pudding for dessert. I know, I'm a big spender! Turns out the food was just fine. So why would I bother cooking for just me?

I must be having a bit of a "widow moment" this evening. And I really can't explain it. But for the first time since I've been here I had a little twinge of missing my home back in the South. I sure didn't see this coming...but I feel it. I guess I need to arrange a trip home...just so I can walk in the door and see for myself that everything is OK. It would also be nice to start up my cute little car and take it for a spin with the top down and the wind blowing through my hair. I sure miss doing that. It had become my form of therapy...blowing my cares away.

And...I think I'd just like to walk around the house touching my furniture and my things. There is something a little odd about being in limbo which is exactly how I feel these days. I try my best to keep the stress of it at bay...but every now and then it just creeps back in.


So let me focus on something happy. Here's one...a photo of Kathy, Patty and Duane from yesterday afternoon. What a fun bunch!




Duane is retired. The lucky guy! He is already taking cooking lessons. And Patty gets to retire in four months. I imagine once she is able to join him they will be able to do all kinds of fun things together. Now that's really lucky!

No comments: