Monday, September 1, 2008

It's a Lazy Day!

Jazz and I are lazy today and loving it! It's the only day I've REALLY taken it easy since arriving here. It's about 11 AM and I'm still in my PJ's. In fact, I've been watching TV today too...something I rarely do. Lisa would be proud! I flipped it on first thing this morning and have watched all kinds of shows, from the political news to Rachel Ray to the Adventurous Traveler.

I also got up this morning and fixed myself breakfast. Yes, believe it or not, I ACTUALLY cooked something! Yesterday I had started cooking, but got sidetracked with a phone call and had to dash out the door without eating. No problem, I just heated up what I had started yesterday....added the tomatoes etc. and treated myself this morning to something scrumptious.

Thanks to Libby stocking my fridge, I was able to scrounge up some mushrooms which I sauteed with onions and tomatoes. I used a little vinaigrette and when it was done, I topped it all with feta cheese. Um-m-m...it was great. That and a nice cup of coffee started my day on a high note.

While I watched my shows, I even exercised. I did all kinds of floor routines. My sturdy little step stool aided my step exercises. Now my calves and thighs are burning. But of course, no pain, no gain!

My water bottles have become my barbells! I know it probably sounds kind of funny, but I'm continuing to practice my newly learned minimalistic attitude. Why buy weights when I can use water bottles? Same with the step stool. I look at everything now with the idea of "multi-purposing!" It's how I plan to live from now on. I want to lighten the load and make it easier to enjoy life; be very mobile and ready to "go" on a moment's notice. I still have much to see and much to do...and plan to do it while I still can!


Yesterday I went to Jessica's bridal shower. Her best friend Wendy planned the whole thing. It was at Wendy's mother's house and it sure was a nice afternoon. This is a photo of Wendy, Kyle, Jessica, and Jenn.

Jessica and Kyle got all kinds of fun things at the shower. Now they are all set with new towels, new sheets, new dishes, etc. And they appreciated every gift. Jessica was beaming and Kyle kept sticking his head in the door, even though it was an all girl's party.

I also got to see my darling Chloe yesterday. I gave my little pumpkin' a little kitty cat that looks like Jazz. It is wearing an orange Halloween sweater and was carrying a small bag of candy corn.

For Kyle, his gift was a couple jars of cooking and baking ingredients. I picked them up at the Amish market. One was to make soup...and the other to bake cookies. My son likes to cook...he must have learned that from his Dad. He often bakes cookies with Chloe, so I figured they would enjoy making some things together.






My gift to Jessica was a pearl necklace with a Moonstone and a Drusi Crystal pendant. A Drusi is the inside of an agate and it's sparkly and iridescent. I had been looking for a special necklace for her and finally found one that looks like Jessica.




It was made by a jewelry artist, so it's one of a kind. Jessica loves it and has decided to wear it with her wedding dress. I am so pleased. I was hoping she would really like it and she does!

No comments: