Thursday, May 22, 2008

Another Chapter...

Well the deal is sealed! I've been asked to take on a special assignment at work, and today all the final approvals were made. I even have a start date: the week of June 29. It's a great opportunity supporting multiple executive teams and I'm excited about it. I can bring my prior experience and lessons learned from several other "change" efforts to this new position.

Although it's only a temporary assignment, I'm thrilled at the chance to be an advocate for my current organization. In part I was recruited for this job because they need someone who knows the challenges we face from our recent reorganization, understands the vision for our future, and shares their perspective on what we need to do to get there. And, it's great to know...that they know...I am candid and comfortable being honest and upfront, regardless of rank. It will be a way for me to relay my unique perspective of the difficulties of this last year and be a conduit for my colleagues from across the country. Now that's exciting!

The last several months, I had been praying for a sense of direction for my life. I see this as an answer to my prayers. I just had not expected it would be revealed to me so soon! And now my head is spinning for all the loose ends I have to tie up before I begin the detail. Who knows the extent of this opportunity, but I've learned that one blessing normally leads to another. I will go it in faith, trust it will be exciting, and will steer me to a career path that aligns with my creative spirit.
Wow Ken! I can feel you beaming!

No comments: