Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's Times Like These...

This morning I woke up with that same old familiar "funk." And yes, the headache was back too! So, I'm not making it to church today, just not feeling that great. I ambled downstairs to fix my morning coffee, then remembered I was all out of regular coffee, nothing here but decaf. And wow, I knew my headache needed its morning jolt of caffeine!! Why hadn't I remembered to pick up coffee when I ran my errands last night?

After a frustrating search, I found an old jar of coffee beans...then started digging around for my grinder. Looked through cabinet after cabinet, but who knows where that got to!!?? Instead, I made do with what I have; I whirled-up the beans in my little food processor. Nope as you might imagine, the coffee wasn't the best. Old beans, too course of grind...etc. I had a few sips, took a couple Advil, then curled up on the sofa listening to my favorite radio show--Acoustic Sunrise. Soon I was lulled right back to sleep.

An hour or so later...I started to slowly come alive. I was awakened by words from a song I had never heard before: It's times like these you learn to live again; it's times like these you learn to give again; it's times like these you learn to love again...

No comments: