Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo and Back to Jazz


My friend Rhonda invited me to have dinner tonight with her son Kenny and Kenny's Dad...Rich. We went to the local Mexican Restaurant which was really hopping with people there to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. They had a guy in the corner playing the guitar and had decorated the restaurant with balloons, confetti etc.

After dinner we went back to Rich's house for cheesecake to celebrate Kenny's birthday. Kenny is a student at GA Tech. He's a sweet kid, just like his Mom and Dad.

Now I feel like I'm going to explode! When I got home a little while ago, I was feeling so miserable, stuffed and popping out of my clothes...that I changed right into my PJ's. Sorry to conjure up unpleasant images in your head. At least these are a decent pair of PJ's, unlike what I was wearing a few days ago in my blog photo!! I'm determined to finally stop eating some day soon, or shall I say stop "overeating!" Otherwise I am likely to begin waddling like a duck. Then I will really be living up to my nickname Goose! That's what my friend Marti calls me.

Now...Let Me Tell You About My JAZZ

I'm sitting here at the computer, typing with Jazz on my lap. In fact he is sprawled across my lap with one of his arms cocked over my arm while I'm typing. His head is hanging upside down over the side of my leg. His legs are hanging off the other side of me... He is perfectly content. Wish I could take a picture of him somehow.

Yesterday Jazz and I played catch for a while. I started throwing the ball up the stairs and he ran after it. Finally he stopped on about the fourth stair and just sat there.
I got the ball again and started pitching it to him. When it landed near him, he would look at it for a moment, then take his paw and bat it down. He would watch it bounce one by one down the stairs until it reached me at the bottom. I would take that ball and throw it to him again. Each time he would bat it back down the stairs. We did this over and over and over.

One time when I threw the ball to him, he literally reached out with both paws and caught it!!! Now, I'm not making this up...I'm really serious, it's absolutely true.
And I know you don't believe me, but it's really true! He is a brilliant cat!! Actually I think he is part human. I know...I know...CRAZY CAT WOMAN!!! How did that happen???!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

I'm glad you went out and celebrated Cinco de Mayo. I did too, but your smiling face would have enhanced the celebration.

Okay, now I have to ask, why "Goose?" I can't imagine why anyone would call you that.

Good story and photos of JTAC (Jazz The Amazing Cat).

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

I think it started as Goosey Lucy and then over time got shortened to Goose!