Saturday, May 17, 2008

Busy But Beautiful Day...

I did get all that pine mulch spread in my flower beds today. It took much longer than I thought. I also edged the yard and cut the grass. Phew! Good to be done with that!! Later I drove to a friend's house about an hour and a half away. He lives on a really big lake near a quant little town. What a beautiful place! And the weather was perfect. His neighbor lady joined us for a ride on his boat. How nice to be able to walk out the back door and down to the dock. Kenny would have loved a home on a lake where he could have tied his boat out back. I wish he could have seen this place...

Later we had dinner in a fabulous little Cajun restaurant downtown. It's a real sweet old historic town. Two parallel train tracks run right through the center of it with a row of old buildings facing the tracks on both sides. As we enjoyed our meals, I watched train after train roll by.

After dinner we walked along and window shopped. There are some really cute and interesting stores in those old historic buildings.

I headed home before it got too late. I sure hated to go, the water was really sparkling in the afternoon sun. But it had been a busy day, I was feeling tired and still had a long drive back. On the way home I made a few phone calls and stopped and picked up some things I needed from the store.

I'm already dreading the fact that tomorrow is the last day of the weekend. I could sure use a few extra days... I still want to get that ornamental grass planted for my deck before I start back to work on Monday. And I would sure love some time just to relax.

No comments: