Saturday, May 24, 2008

No Rest for the Weary!

The other day my smoke detector was chirping, so before I left for work I grabbed our five foot ladder, climbed to the top and still had to stretch to replace the battery. Did I think to change the one upstairs too? No of course not. So, very early this morning, about 4 AM, the upstairs smoke detector began telling me how stupid I am! I tried to sleep through the intermittent chirps; it's timed to only go off about every few minutes and then about once an hour. But just as I would get back to sleep the thing would chirp again.

Finally, I jumped out of bed, went downstairs, grabbed the ladder, hauled it upstairs and dismantled it...I know, I know..not very safe, but I promised myself I would replace the battery first thing when the sun came up. That didn't work too well. It continued to annoy me. I guess because it's wired in with our alarm system that thing still kept on chirping. "You monster!" I cried, "Why are you out to get me?!!!" Finally I pushed myself out of bed again, ran downstairs, and sifted through the kitchen drawer for a battery. Luckily I had just one more! I finally got it done about 5:30 this morning. And tucked myself back into bed for a little bit longer.

You guessed it, I'm now up for the day and I'm just a little grouchy! Come on, you would be too! I'm sitting here blogging and allowing my coffee to kick in, because then I have to KICK IN too and get some stuff done around here! Should be an interesting day...

No comments: