Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Start My Day in Prayer...

I should know by now that I must ALWAYS start my day in prayer! I did this morning and sure enough it went very, very well. I asked for guidance, a smooth day and continued direction for sorting out my life. Not surprisingly, today was much better than yesterday. It was a busy day, but bing, bing, bing, things went just like clockwork. I clicked off the tasks one by one. I got a hold of OKCity and got information on my final relocation reimbursements. Some of that was still outstanding... And some other things got cleared up as well. I also started cleaning out my office because someone will be using it while I'm on my temporary assignment. Got my air card and VPN ordered for my lap top. It should all be ready to go in a couple weeks.

One of the highlights of my day was when one of our secretaries came in to talk with me. She and I have connected over the last several weeks and I offerred to give her "Lucy's advice on career advancement." You see, what most people don't know today is that I started my federal career as a secretary. And with that experience...I have my own perspective on what it takes to move ahead. I also know what a difficult and thankless job it can be. Secretaries are often treated unfairly, they frequently serve several bosses...and each one expects to be considered their #1 priority. She and I sat and talked for quite a while and I told her what had worked well for me over the years to get ahead. She is just a dear. She has a great attitude, has worked her way through college and has even worked two jobs at times to be able to provide for herself and her son. I know with some encouragement and advice the world for her, is open to possibilities! Before she went back to her desk, I gave her the plaque off my wall. It has words to live by. I'm sure she will keep it always and remember me.


Painting below: After the Hurricane

At the end of the day, I was carrying my paintings out of my office, and several people stopped and commented on them. And it just continues to reinforce that I need to figure out how to make creativity a part of my life. I think I will start to pray on that too!


Yes all in all, today was a great day. So...guess how I plan to start my day tomorrow??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a lovely painting! You are so talented.

Bill