Saturday, May 10, 2008

Now Today...the Basement


Libby-dib, the curler kid

Yesterday I woke up with a weird headache. It felt like I was getting a migraine...I had a sharp pain just above my left eye. At 5:30 AM I got up and took an Exedrin Migraine then went back to bed. A few hours later, still nursing that sharp eye pain...and now a queezy stomache too, Libby and I took Jazz to the Vet. He was well past due for his little kitty cat surgery. Nuetering and de-clawing were a necessity for this guy. Yes, I know the paw surgery is controversial, but my Vet consoled me about my decision. He said he would rather submit cats to minor surgery and keep their owner's loving them, than see cat behavioral problems that would make their owners question keeping the cat. Something like that. After much long hard thought on the subject, I agree with my Vet. Jazz had started destroying my furniture which prompted me to go ahead and have his front claws removed. So at any rate, Jazz is now recovering from surgery and life will be much simpler when he gets home.

Libby and I took yesterday to loaf around a little. Well we didn't exactly loaf...we were busy as usual...just NOT working on my basement. We went to Scott's Antique Market, walked through miles and miles of stuff and didn't buy a thing. But it was fun nonetheless.

This morning we got up, drank a few cups of coffee. I am still nursing that weird eye pain; who knows what that's about... Finally, Libby and I kicked it into high gear. We loaded and hauled a truckload and a station wagon load full of stuff to Goodwill. The basement looks much better already and we have more to tackle tomorrow morning. We also got the Magnum into the shop. The air conditioner isn't working. They had to order a new hose and will fix it on Monday or Tuesday. I also checked about having them buy back the car, but they couldn't give me a good enough deal for that. So, I will probably put some signs in the car windows or put an add in autotrader. I'm finally ready to part with Kenny's car. Just taking one heartbreak at a time...first it was his boat...now his beloved car. But, no point in making two car payments now.

After getting back from dropping off the junk Libby and I had lunch and took a nap. That's how we rewarded ourselves for slogging all that stuff out of the basement. This afternoon...as Libby puts it..."We collected our thoughts..." We sat out on the front porch and watched the rain until a big lightning strike had us running for the front door. We decided sitting on a metal glider on the porch during a thunderstorm was not a brilliant idea!!

Next, I straightened up my kitchen counter. While washing the dishes, Libby broke a wine glass and it shattered all over the place. That of course meant she had to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. She asked me about my mop, which of course Kenny had bought last year. Libby says, Kenny sure knew how to pick out a good "cleaning apparatus." And well, now my kitchen and the floor is clean. What a round-a-bout way to clean the house!!

Now we are sitting here waiting for my darling friend Rhonda to arrive. Libby and I got ourselves all "dolled up" and we are headed to the little corner hang out where they play live music on Saturday nights. Rhonda says she will be our designated driver...which I'm not convinced is such a good idea! I'm excited to introduce my Libby to Rhonda. I'm sure they will really get along very well. So...that's all I will write for now...I'm sure after this evening with Libby and Rhonda I will have something very interesting to write about tomorow!!! And Libby adds, "And we will make sure you do, 'cause you only go around once!" Good night!!

No comments: