Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Serendipity at it's Finest!

Well today was back to work as usual and it started out as a good one...then went a little haywire by mid morning...and steadily improved as the afternoon wound down. About three o'clock two guys on assignment from Headquarters stopped by to talk with me about a re engineering project we are soon kicking off. One of them introduced his self as Craig from Cleveland Center. So of course that reminded me of a controller I had met a few months back who also works at Cleveland. Turns out my two visitors Craig and Mike, both knew Ron and said they were meeting him after work for dinner. They asked me if I would like to join them. Of course I replied, "Yes!" You know me...I would never pass up an invitation to join a bunch of fun people for dinner and drinks. Sorry Jazz ma Tazz, I know you were patiently waiting for me to get home after a long day by yourself.

Later about 5:30, Craig and Mike returned to the regional office, picked me up, and we headed downtown to Atlanta. We met up with Ron and two other friends of theirs at Montana Grill for dinner. Yeah, that's right, it was just me and FIVE GUYS! You might say it was p-r-e-t-t-y near perfect! The six of us laughed and told funny stories about work and life in general. Had a few glasses of wine...and finally wrapped up the evening around 9. That may seem like an early night to you...but keep in mind there was a basketball game on TV...starting at just about the same time that we had wrapped up our dinner. H-m-m... Yeah, I know those men were rushing back to catch the latest hoop dance! Priorities!

Craig and Mike drove me back to the regional office and dropped me off at my car. I jumped in and headed home. Once again...quite by coincidence...I had stumbled upon a perfect evening. It was just another of those special moments of...serendipity at it's finest. I arrived home a little while ago to be greeted anxiously by my Jazz. He had really missed me. And nope, he has no plans to watch basketball on TV!! He just wants to be with me!!! Ah-h-h, Life is Good!

No comments: