Friday, May 2, 2008

Gertrude and Heathcliffe

My friend Bill said I remind him of Red Skelton. To that I became hysterical. "What? Red Skelton, why Red Skelton?" I laughed. "It's because you laugh at yourself, just like he did," said Bill, "He always got so tickled with his self!" "Oh, now I get it, I suppose you're right," I agreed, "I do crack myself up!"

And...well I can't think of a better compliment than being able to remind him of that very funny man. Red Skelton was one of my favorites! Chip and I used to watch him on Sunday nights. We loved the whole Gertrude and Heathcliffe routine--for those of you who are too young to remember--they were the two sea gulls! Red Skelton did this whole shtick about seagulls flapping their wings, flying side by side and talking to one another. Now who but that slap-stick, red-headed man would be ingenious enough to think of a comedy routine like that? He was funny, creative...and...he was kind! Definitely someone to emulate!

So that's how I'm ending my day today...trying to think of more ways that I can bring a smile to other's faces and make them laugh...just like Red Skelton. Yes, let me go and ponder on that one for a while, I'm sure I can come up with something. But for now my dear friends...I'm really tired, it's been a long week. Good evening, sleep tight...and May God Bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

This is great! Where do you find these pictures? I guess I should expect it from someone as creative as you. I'm glad you liked the compliment because it was a very good compliment, if I say so (which I just did).

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

I have to admit it's easy...I "googled it!"