Monday, May 19, 2008

Good Morning!

Today started as usual with me springing out of bed, turning on my radio and my two-cup coffee maker...then jumping into the shower. Each morning, by the time I am drying off, my coffee is brewed and ready to pour. Then I quickly get dressed, grab my cup of Joe and sit down at my vanity to do my hair and makeup. That's my morning routine. And it's a great way to start my day!!

Kenny would always bring me my coffee in the morning. While I was getting my shower, he would crawl out of bed, then traipse downstairs and turn on the coffeemaker. Once it was done, he would haul his self back upstairs to bring me a cup. As tired and ill as he felt...that small task was monumental for him. I used to say, "Honey you don't need to get up for me; why don't you just sleep in?" But he would insist. He said it was important to him, he wanted to do it for me and told me he could always go back to bed after I had left for work. It's one of those sweet gestures that was So Kenny. Boy how I miss his simple, but special "gifts from the heart."

Libby was the one who suggested I purchase a little coffeemaker for my bathroom. She knew it was not only about the coffee; and she was right, it has really helped me adjust to that lost ritual. Now as I pour myself a cup each morning, I remember Kenny fondly and his little sacrifices for me.

Thank you Libby for another solution that makes my transition to single life a bit easier.

No comments: