Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to Work

I spent yesterday afternoon by the pool. It's the first that I've had time to hang out there and it was a nice way to spend the afternoon. I've been reading a new book, Team of Rivals. It's about Lincoln. I've barely scratched the surface, but so far it's very interesting. Can't wait to get further into it. He was a remarkable person and I'm sure I will learn a lot from how he dealt with other people; even those he disagreed with. Apparently he was a master at it!!

After the pool I jumped in the shower and started to go to the Irish Pub for dinner. Just as I was leaving a friend called and so he joined me there. I had a simple Caesar salad with beef. Yes, I'm doing a pretty good job of sticking to my diet. I seem to always do better with such things when I'm under a little pressure!!!

I headed back home, watched a little more TV, read a bit more of my book...then turned in.

It's going to be a good week!!!

No comments: