Sunday, September 21, 2008

I'll Be Here a Little Longer

The plumber is coming tomorrow. They will take out my toilet and reset it...cut out the wall to be sure they've found the leak, etc. Then they will have to take care of the drywall downstairs and refinish and paint it. The guy seems to think they can get it all done this week. I sure hope so.

Coincidentally I found out today that my meeting tomorrow has been cancelled. How's that for perfect timing? So, I told them I would be here a few more days.

My friend Finn is going to continue taking care of Jazz for me. It's no problem she says. She will stop by after work and check on him. I owe her big time. She has cats too, so I'll be able to share "cat duty" when she goes out of town. She even bought Jazz a new ostrich feather and some toys to play with. That's Susan...a good cat person!! I've got the best friends!!!

Today I caught up with Conda in the AM. Then went to brunch with Rhonda. After I got home Jane stopped by and we talked for a while. Then I ran some errands with Jennifer. Stopped and picked up a few staples and things to eat while I'm here. I had planned on crashing in front of the TV this evening, but just as I was getting ready to heat up some food, Rhonda called and invited me to join her for dinner. So we went out for a steak. What a busy day!! In between all that, I was working here and there, unpacking and repacking clothes. Photographing Randy's artwork and pottery...working my way through the list of things I need to get done before I go home.

Tomorrow morning I'm going with Jen to the motor vehicles. I just realized I never got my sticker for my car tag...and I drove my car around yesterday without it. I'm lucky I didn't get a ticket. That would have been the icing on the cake!! I'll get it taken care of tomorrow so I won't have to worry. Boy, oh boy. There's just no rest for the weary!!

No comments: