Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's Fronk-in-steen!!!!

Tonight I saw my first ever Broadway play, Young Frankenstein. Oh my gosh! I can't even describe how funny it was! Over the top. Fabulous, fantastic and fantacular. Is that a word? "Walk this Way, It's Fronk-in-steen, and He's my boyfriend." But my favorite part of all was "Puttin' on the Ritz." How side-splittingly hilarious!!

The theatre itself was beautiful; it's an old ornate beauty with a huge velvet padded medallion on the ceiling and balconies surrounding the seating area. The acting was amazing, the set design was unbelievably beautiful, the singing and choreography was exciting and the effects were Wow! There were flashing lights and pyrotechnics. It was just incredible. But even better than all that...I sat there through the entire show...with a Cheshire Cat grin on my face. I couldn't stop smiling and laughing...heartily out loud!!!

We stopped after work at the box office and picked up our half price tickets. Mine was $62 dollars and it was well worth every penny. I sat in the orchestra section only about twelve rows from the stage. I went with Sylvia and Antoinette. And their other friend Deb arrived today. Sylvia and Antoinette are both from Ft. Worth and Deb is from Lancaster, PA. They all met years ago as neighbors in Oklahoma. I told them I had grown up there too...so later we all raised a glass to "Okie Girls." Up until this week they were all complete strangers to me...but now we are great friends.

After the theatre we headed to restaurant row on 46Th street. By then we were starving and we picked out a little Italian restaurant. We almost didn't get a table, but they found us one upstairs, outside on the balcony overlooking the street. And it was PERFECT! Right out of a dream. Once again, the four of us ate more than we planned...and stayed out much later than is wise. Sylvia and I will have a tough day staying awake in class tomorrow!!

No comments: