Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fun Day in Old Town!



Lisa and I walked around Old Town Alexandria today in the hundred degree heat! Man it was hot, but we sure enjoyed the artsfest. There were some fabulous artists there. It had everything from caste metal, to found metal sculpture, to paintings, beatiful jewelry and wood work.




We finally stopped for lunch in an Irish place...we were looking for anyplace with air conditioning, but we both had a delicious salad and chased it with a beer. It was a perfect combination for a hot, sweaty day.

Neither of us bought anything at the show. The art was pretty expensive...but well worth the prices, because it was really good stuff. Not kitsy...truly art! I could have purchased a half dozen things if I thought I had some spare bills. But...I don't. It did give me some ideas for artwork though. And has me itching to do more than just the metal sculpting. Not sure how I would carve any more time out of my days...but I would really like to think about doing some paintings. Hm-m-m, we will have to see about that!!

No comments: