Friday, September 19, 2008

I'm Home!!!

In my usual fashion...it's been a whirlwind day. Rhonda picked me up at the airport, we went straight to lunch because my flight was late arriving and we were both starving. After lunch we stopped at the Regional Office and I made the rounds saying hi to folks. It was definitely a "skeleton crew" for a Friday. Not too many people were there, but it was good to see the few that I did.

After a ton of paperwork, I managed to get my new badge. I had lost mine the other day on the mall, so I had to make another security notification etc. etc. etc. But, finally I've got a new one...and the photo is a whole lot better than before. I asked her to shave off a few years...and by golly, I think she did!!

Rhonda and I were finally on our way home by way of the car wash and then we decided to stop for a manicure and pedicure. That's what I really like about Rhonda...she is spontaneous and happy to do things on the spur of the moment...just like me! We get along famously. We finally got done there and started home. We stopped at the grocery store for a few staples since my cupboards here are bare.

About six o'clock I finally, finally got to my home! And boy it felt good to walk in that door. I LOVE this place, I absolutely LOVE this place. And..therein lies the problem...It feels like home here and I love how my furniture fits this place...and I love my stuff. Not that any of it is valuable..because it's certainly not, but it sure is special. It has real sentimental value to me. Wow! I love it here. It feels good to be home.

A few minutes ago, I ran out the door to head to Rhonda's. We are going to some dance place near her house. But...there's a minor complication...my car won't start. I suppose I should have had Jane starting it and driving it for me...but I didn't. So...Rhonda's on her way to pick me up. I'll have to tackle the car problem tomorrow. I'm guessing it's just the battery. I think we have a charger in the basement, so I'll have to figure that out in the morning. I've never charged a battery before. But, I'll have to get it fixed, because I sure want to be able to take my car for a little spin while I'm here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy,

I had the same problem with my car when I went home the first time. Hopefully you don't have to charge your battery, just get someone to hook cables and jump you. Keep the car running and it will charge itself. Then when you leave disconnect your battery on one side( I wrap it with cloth so it won't accidently come in contact with the battery) and it should be fine the next time you go home. It's amazing that by just having the clock running, your battery can go dead. This has been working for me for the last 3 years, hope it works for you.

SUNSHINE said...

Hm-m-m, great tip! Wish I had thought of that!