Monday, September 29, 2008

Here I Go Again...


I was sitting here tonight feeling a bit glum. Don't ask me to explain; I can't really begin to explain it. I should be ecstatic with the wedding coming up and all, but surprisingly I'm feeling a little bit stressed...

Perhaps it's because I'm still trying to figure out a direction for my life. What am I supposed to do...what next? I don't know...but I still feel like I'm walking around in limbo.

Finally, I grabbed my dinner...it was past eight o'clock and I hadn't eaten yet. That's becoming a bad habit for me...eating my dinner way too late! I decided also to read a little and wanted it to be something purely entertaining...so instead of grabbing the Lincoln book, I returned to Eat, Pray, Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's a book I had started months ago...then in my usual "A.D.D." fashion, put it down with a bookmark half-way through it. So...I picked it up this evening and started reading right where I had left off before.

Interesting enough...here is some of what it says..."Prayer is a relationship, half the job is mine. If I want transformation, but can't be bothered to articulate what, exactly, I'm aiming for, how will it ever occur?"

Hm-m-m-m, interesting and timely. Of course!!!

And the author goes on to say, "Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship--a play between divine grace and willful self-effort. Half of it you have no control over; half of it is absolutely in your hands, and your actions will show measurable consequence." And lastly and probably the most important sentence on the page, "And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."

And there you have it. I've said it over and over again about there being no coincidences in life. So it really doesn't surprise me that I picked up that book...and the paragraphs right before me were filled with such meaning for where I am today.

In summary, I'm reminded once again of the power of the mind...and its strength to be called upon to control one's emotions...and thoughts...and will. I know this to be true, because I've tapped into this power time and time again. And it works!! Now let me not forget to mention the power of prayer...it works too...I can attest to it!! My prayers have been answered over, and over and over. It's truly amazing...I just don't always remember to pray. That's my problem!!

So...I know I can shake this phase, as I always have...by prayer and by will. And I'll move forward and continue to embrace the positive experiences before me. I'll rejoice in each day. And I'll keep on putting one foot in front of the other, until I walk myself right out of where I am today and into a new, settled...joy-filled life.

Smooth sailing...

No comments: