Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Dinner Tonight

My brother Chip picked me up after work tonight and we drove to my apartment. His son Jake was slammed with homework so he wasn't able to come along. But we finally heard from my other nephew Kevin; he got out of school about 5PM and jumped on the metro and met us here. We went to the local barbecue joint for dinner. How great it was to spend an evening with my brother and my nephew. We will have to make it a habit!!

Friday night my Dad and I are meeting my sister in law Colleen for dinner. We are going to a fabulous restaurant in Annapolis and hopefully we will be able to sit outside along the water. With any luck the weather will cooperate!

It has been a most challenging year for all of us since Kenny died, with lots of ups and downs. I am pleased to be able to put this year behind us and never dwell on it again. Once again, life is way too precious to spend in trepidation and turmoil. Ken would be wanting me to live life blissfully. And that's exactly what I intend to do. I am promising to ALWAYS remember to spread joy wherever I go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

You always do spread joy to others! Thanks!

Bill

SUNSHINE said...

Thanks for that! Sometimes I resort to doubting myself!